Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Fighter Jets and a Walk

Yesterday Matthew and I took Tex to the Vet to get his nails clipped and a few other things done to him. Every morning I wake up to the loud noise of our lovely Air Force Jets. The airstrip is right next to our housing area. I've seen them take off from a distance but haven't really seen any come in for landing up close and personal. Well, that changed yesterday. While we were driving off base, a few F-22's were coming in for landing. I snapped a quick picture and caught one coming in. Here it is...










As we drove around the other side, there were 3 F-15's lining up to take off. Matthew pulled in so I could get a closer look and I quickly snapped a few pics.







































Today I went for a walk/run along the track that is by the bay. It was gorgeous outside and so refreshing. Here are a few pics of my 3.06 miles!! Hopefully the weather stays nice so I can do this everyday outside instead of indoors in the Base Gym.


















































On my way back to the house, a few jets were coming in for landing. They were so close I could actually see the pilot! It was like they were almost directly in front of me. I tried to get a picture but this base really frowns upon Photography, and there were a ton of cars around so I couldn't get one in front of me, but I got one that came in behind me. Here it is...




Well that was my excitement for the day! Hopefully this weekend we do something fantastic and I can post something more interesting! : )

No comments: