Thursday, March 26, 2009

The sweet moments in life...

The past few days I've been feeling pretty rotten. I've haven't slept well, been fighting off a sinus infection, and feeling major sinus pressure everywhere. I'm trying to fight it off myself because we have the Chief's Birthday Ball tomorrow and I really want to go AND feel good, so I'm just trying to rest a lot and not overdo anything.

Last night was badge awards for Mpact. I really miss those girls and this was the first one I have had to miss. After it was over, I got a phone call from 4 sweet little girls, 2 of them my nieces, and the other 2 their best friends. They called me on speaker phone to tell me about their rewards. MacKenzie got 2 Honor Steps AND 4th Grade STAR of the Quarter and Rachel got Daisy of the Quarter! I am so proud of them. If you have ever gone through the Missionettes program, you know it's not easy to get those badges and honor steps. They also wanted to pray for me and that I feel better. It was so sweet. Listening to each of them one by one pray over the phone with me was a sweet moment. The cutest part; Rachel said in her prayer that she wants God to help me feel better and not have a fever because she's had 2 fevers and she does not like them! Precious!!!

I miss them more and more every day. It moments like these that make it hard to be away but it's also moments like these that make me so proud that I was able to build a great bond between the two of them. That they want to call and tell me all about their accomplishments and that they are growing more and more everyday in their faith.

MacKenzie and Rachel, we are SO proud of you and we MISS you so much!!

1 comment:

The Franklin's said...

Oh my gosh, that is so sweet! I can't even imagine how adorable it would be to hear her pray! I love it!