Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Randomness..

I wish I could say that we've done some interesting things lately, but we really haven't! I think we both have been so tired from the past few weeks that we haven't ventured out to see anything but the grocery store. Hopefully in the next few weeks we'll have some nicer weather and we can at least go out to the pier or the bay and check things out.

We finally finished one room, our bedroom. We painted the walls because they were an awful patchy white color. The downside about living in base housing is the walls. They aren't the most perfect in texture or color, but nothing a little paint won't cure!! We also found our bedding, which I LOVED the minute I saw it. We aren't totally finished with putting things on the walls so I want to wait to post pictures, but I promise I'll get some up soon.

My days have pretty much consisted of cleaning, cooking, job hunting, and holding Tex. Seriously, that dog is like a little kid, always wants to be held, but I will have to admit I do like having him here with me to snuggle up to. He's so warm that he keeps me warm!

The job hunt is not going so well. I'm keeping my hopes up but nothing yet. I went to the mall today and while I was walking around looking at all the other people, I thought, man I wish I was working. It's funny because 2 months ago, I would be at work and be saying, man I wish I was off today! It's funny how when you work, you want to be home, but when your home, you want to be at work. I know that's not the way for everyone, but unfortunately it's in my blood. I've worked since I was 16 and yeah, some would say, it's time for a break girl!, and I would agree, I've had my 4 weeks of break time and though I worked so hard at times that I wore myself out, I really do miss my job. I miss the highs and the lows, the adrenaline that runs through you sometimes, and the feeling you get inside when you accomplish something so great. I know I'll have those feelings again someday, I just have to be patient, which if you know me; that's not one of my many qualities : )

I have been doing a lot of cooking though, something I didn't do much in Texas. Maybe it's because I always had my Mom to cook, but I really do enjoy it. Surprisingly to some, I haven't baked but one thing since I've been here! Shocker I know!! My stress outlet is baking, so you would think I'd be little Miss Betty Crocker in the kitchen, but I haven't, which is a good thing, there are only 2 of us to eat all those sweets now, so I have to watch it!!

I guess I've rambled on enough..hopefully I'll have some new pictures to post soon. Until then...Adios!

No comments: